Sunday, November 9, 2008

Autumn is in the air and on the ground.

Early sunsets and late mornings have got me down the past two weeks. Also, the sedentary nature of graduate school and the isolation of reading four to six hours per day. Today, mid afternoon, I left the apartment in hopes of gathering up some of the yellow sheets of leaves clouding the streets. I walked left instead of right from the curb, followed the crumbling brick buildings into "little London." I walked past a community center, a boarded up, rubbage-in-the-yard, day care center that could have been an abandoned church, and blocks on blocks of ten story public housing buildings. The clouds were low in the sky, the streets were wet, my hands in my pockets. 


1 comment:

Julie said...

This is beautiful!

I love "yellow sheets of leaves."