Monday, August 10, 2009

What are you like?

Today's dose of pool water has made my short hair feathery. If only it were the 90s it could pass for styling. 

It rained in Seattle for only the second time since June. 

Last week I ate quesadillas five times in six meals, not counting breakfast. Wouldn't mind another one. 

Zach shaved his head again. I felt like crying. 

PBS no longer plays Arthur at 10:00 and 4:00, or any time. Michael Jackson is dead. I feel like an adult.  

I have more books out at university than public libraries. I need to resort my priorities. 

I severed ties with Amazon and am devoted to Abe.com. Shipping duration may weaken my resolve.

I know how to run a youth hostel, to tell strangers where to sleep and what to clean, sweep, wash. It's a better life than most. 

I crave almond paste. Preferably in a croissant, but straight up would also do the trick. 

I fantasize about living under Lake Crescent. Or at least being the designated scuba-explorer. Ever since I unearthed a brown beer bottle that was filled with rocks and sand. Actually, I felt like the kid from ET.   

3 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE this! Your list here made me laugh and it made me sad. Just lovely.

(And don't even get me started on how tasty a quesadilla sounds right now. Mmmmm.)

Bret and I swoon over the adventures of Zach and Sarah. We talk about you in hushed, reverent tones.

Anonymous said...

I love how even your "random" lists contain bits of beauty, humor and adventure.

Running a youth hostel sounds like such fun!

Walking by Walden said...

Thanks Julie and Katie, your comments made my day. (: