Monday, January 22, 2007

You get what you get...

Yesterday I had the best birthday in several years. The night before Zach and I somehow ended up sleeping from 6pm until 1 am! When we got up we did dishes, cleaned up a bit, and watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I knew it was my favorite HP book but had forgotten how wonderful number 3 is!!! Then we went back to sleep and woke up at 10. Zach drove me to the south end, where I was given a 90 minute heavenly massage by a yogaesque massage therapist named Brooke. That night we went to the best Mexican restaurant in Boston with Oregonians Vanessa and Ian (it was delicious) and I was presented with a lovely pale green hand made scarf. Then we met Stephanie (my library major friend who is also from Oregon) and her boyfriend Jason downtown, where we had drinks and watched the football game. Stephanie presented me with The Collosus, a small book of giant poems by Sylvia Plath. This was wonderful because I am currently haunted by her. If anyone hasn't seen the Gwenyth Paltrow movie, Sylvia, he or she simply must. It is amazing.
All in all a wonderful day. My best present by far was a pair of tickets to a lecture and booksigning by Barbara Kingsolver in Washington D.C. Can you believe my thoughtful, efficacious husband? I was pretty speechless.
I have to interject the cuteness that is in front of me. There is a little girl at the table next to me, about four years old, with short curly hair, wearing a black leotard and stretch pants with colored stars on them. Right now she's eating pizza and pouring parmesian cheese into her mouth and just a moment ago she was chanting, "You get what you get and you don't have a fit. You get what you get and you don't get upset!" (:

No comments: