Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A message from my little cubicle

Today is my second day back to work after our wonderful trip. During our long hours of travel on Monday Z and I were increasingly melancholy with anticipation of returning to the grind of an ill-suited program and a tiring work schedule. Today, my first day back at Harvard, I have been surprisingly upbeat. It could be my trusty IPOD, it could be the sunshine, or it could be the result of a week off. Whatever the case, I am facing the next 2-5 months with courage and somewhat resigned nonchalance. Soon this part of my life will be over. Am I getting the most out of it that I can?
By the way, as if I hadn't enough to do already, I almost let another librarian yesterday talk me into volunteering for the Readers' Advisory program at Newton. I think it would be fun and thought provoking, as well as a good experience for a future librarian of America.

No comments: