Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the Stars?

It was one of those days. The meter man rang our bell relentlessly while I was in the shower. When I came to the front he insisted there was a secret door in our flat that held the meter. Of course there wasn't. I knocked over the course convener's coffee cup and it tumbled down the stairs and over my coat. I passed him at the coffee vender two hours later and wasn't sure if I should hide or pay for his coffee. As usual, I was a dollar short. A visiting academic was locked inside of someone's office for 45 minutes. Campus Health and Safety had to saw off the bolt. 

But I survived a mid-day confidence crisis by lying in the sun and watching Jon Stewart, my lifeline back to the US. 

1 comment:

Steven and Heidi Bozard said...

Hi Girl..Great posts. Your writing still amazes me! We still have snow and I am starting to work again in the office...good days and bad days come with it.