Friday, May 29, 2009

My Calamity Physics

I often think of the quirks, perks, and side-effects of my seemingly imminent librarianship. A major one, particularly if I were to be an academic librarian or if Zach were to work for a University, is free/reduced continuing education. Yesterday I imagined myself reading through all of the literature and Spanish courses at tiny Universities like Reed until eventually I would be awarded an honorary PhD for most dedicated-without-titular-ambition-reader of first-class books. 

My brain took the idea to a whole new  plane of being. I dreamt I was sitting in an intro to Physics course. In my dream, my fears of physics took numerical form. I saw unintelligible blobs of equations pasted over peoples' faces and onto desks. But then the course began with an 80s style filmstrip of psychedelic colored robots launching into space to techno music. I thought to myself, that's right- physics is about robots and techno! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

That sounds like the physics class for me! :)