Friday, April 27, 2007

It's raining today

It's raining today. Oh so much. But I suppose I don't mind because I've rarely seen this kind of glowing green. I purchased a pair of shoes online yesterday of a similar color. The color is called "Tendril." I hope they live up to expectations.

Yesterday was my first genuinely good day at job 2. It's the day I turned in my three weeks notice as well. And it was the day that for the first time ever, my new haircut was called "chic". I don't even know for sure how to spell that word. It was also the day that I realized that my dream job cannot consist of devising busy work for others.

Today I realized: I love public libraries. I am lucky to work at Newton and with all my fellow "librarians". My work must include being "helpful" to others.

I checked out a book on Italian literature, another on Jose Saramago, and a third - 100 Years of Solitude. It's time I read something powerful again.

We're officially leaving Boston on June 19th at noon. The tickets are purchased, the plans are laid, the jobs have been informed, our lives are waiting. Now we must fill our minds, ears, mouths, and eyes with New England before we depart.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Guess what came in my little campus mailbox today?

The best parcel ever from the coolest librarian ever! Thank you so much for the fabulous surprise, Sarah -- it really just made my entire week. I've actually seen the tote and notepad on the Boygirlparty website and have oft sighed for them. We're two peas in a library pod, you and I.

Oh, what a happy Wednesday! :-)