Thursday, April 16, 2009

Comic um, relief.

I spent today at the Leeds public library reading articles in the cafe, drinking tea from the white enamel ware that seems endemic to Britain. I knew I didn't have the time but I find it hard to pass up indentured books so I walked through a random aisle, stopped at the sight of Roald Dahl, and 'bagged' a red book with a minxy spider woman on the cover.  The book is My Uncle Oswald and to give you a idea of the contents of the stories, as I discovered in a far too open floored Starbucks, I'll quote a rather clever amazon.co.uk reviewer. 

'Very saucy, very funny... quite frankly [Dahl] could write an interesting story blindfolded [...] with his hands tied behind his back'

Well I suspect Dahl did write this book with his hands tied behind his back, blindfolded. 

No comments: