Thursday, April 30, 2009

Six Eyes

I have six eyes now but I only wear four at a time. I first thing I noticed when I tried on my new specs at Boots was that my nose is blotchy. My instinct was to take them right off so that the young male sales clerk wouldn't see my blotchy nose. 
The second thing I noticed was that the woman walking down the street in front of me had freckles on her calves. In the past skin coloration would blur into smooth peachiness. Now I see flaws. So despite the fact that I can now talk to people with my eyes wide open, can read important signs and menus, and can safely operate machinery, I can't help but wonder if my plain brown blurry eyes were more, well, kindly disposed towards the outside.  

1 comment:

Steven and Heidi Bozard said...

You are too funny! I love this story! You need to post some pics of this place you are living or leaving since it sounds like you will be done soon. BTW, we will be here in September and will have an extra bed (probably the same one you guys have slept on before) if you want to come for a visit. SEE YOU