Sunday, June 7, 2009

In General

I'm packing up little by little. Yesterday I took down most of the wall decor, leaving small pictures up on the mirrors and above my work desk. I began to pack away winter clothes but the weather took a turn on the chilly side and I had to retrieve my sweaters. 

I'm beginning to feel the contours of the dissertation though I still have an incredibly long way to go. The conference paper has been stuck at 3.5 pages for a couple of days. This is unfortunate because I really don't have time to write slowly. 

In anticipation of moving to warmer Colorado I'm planning to get a dramatic hair cut on Thursday. My dad told me that they are planting strawberries, bell peppers, zucchinis, tomatoes, and squash. I'm looking forward to sun and summer gardening. 

Have I mentioned how much I love Elizabeth Bishop? Few writers anymore strike me with genuine and thorough admiration. Barbara Kingsolver has always been one of them. Anita Desai, Tsitsi Dangarembga and Bishop are others. Summer is a beautiful time for poetry. Even rainy and cold Yorkshire summers. I'm a little bit dreamy today must be the quiet rain and the empty streets. Everything is closed. Even the libraries. 


No comments: