Sunday, December 3, 2006

Christmas Lights and Snow books

My favorite thing about holidays (limited to Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christmas) is the stuff. In autumn it is gathering fallen leaves one by one, drying them in whatever novel I happen to be carrying, and scattering them across bookcases, table tops, and our piano. In autumn it is also Halloween treats: peanut butter eye balls, haystacks, pumpkin soup, and cranberry cider. This season we finally entered the mode with our very first Christmas tree! I came home from work and there it was sitting sublimely in the living room between green and gray arm chairs! I can't express my love for our little tree! We were so enamoured that we laid couch cushions on the floor and squeezed onto the tiny pallat so that we could sleep in the same room as our tree. Christmas trees alight at night always enfuse in me a sense of wonder and magic. And the scent of pine makes me eager for our summer move to one undesignated land of evergreens.

1 comment:

Zach said...

let's follow the scent of pines all the way west, ok?