Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Mun-dayn- Working Blues

I checked out a book on painting murals today. I wonder if I will ever have the courage or talent to transform my walls into cavemen paintings or skylines. I think I could use the tips, shapes, and techniques to paint on very large pieces of hangable paper.

Until then I plan on returning to shirt making after I finish these papers. I have a pile of shirt design drawings from various class notebooks will be put to good use. Perhaps I'll post my creations if I can figure out that part of blogging.

Zach and I decided on some chillens names that we actually both like (or will in 5 years!). We can't think of boys names but Arundhati is a lovely and meaningful name. Of course Arundhati Herrington-Shaner (Ari for short) will have some identity crisies on account of being given an Indian first name, a hyphenated British-Irish last name, and no middle name (for length's sake). But won't being named after a powerful, articulate, fascinating woman be worth it in the end? Unfortunately, my side of family names won't be carried on to the second generation of Herrington-Shaners. According to Zach, Ollie Fay, Ima Fay, Zora, and Illa are cruel and sadistic choices. My poor great aunts!

As it stands I have roughly 22 pages left to write and then I am a student no more!!!

On a sad note, I won't get a chance to see Jessica or Michael before they leave Boston. I will miss them in town (even though our visits were few and far between) and always cherish secret piano scheming and Bertuccis.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yes, I'm sad we couldn't get together before we left as well. I hope you enjoy your graduation ceremony (I thought mine was rather boring and found the seats painfully uncomfortable, personally). The nice thing about the December ceremony is that it's so much shorter than May. Hope you have fun in Abilene!